Welcome to 4daughters.com.
This website and domain name are owned and operated by My Four Daughters Pty Ltd ACN 169 919 911 ('4daughters.com').
4daughters.com respects your right to privacy and recognizes the trust you place in us when you provide us with any personal information.
Personal information will generally only be collected after you have been informed of the purpose and consequences of providing this information.
TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The type of information we collect may include, your name, address, email address, telephone number, and billing information.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is used for the primary purpose of fulfilling your order. We will also use your order information to track and analyse overall shopping trends in order to continually identify and provide the best quality and most appropriate products and services possible for our customers.
Examples of the purposes for which personal information may be collected, used or disclosed are:
- To improve services and product quality
- To enter competitions or inform you of promotions or special offers
- To comply with the law or recover debts
- To provide and promote our goods and services to you
- To maintain and develop our business systems
If you do not provide the requested personal information to us, we may not be able to provide the requested goods or services. For instance, if you do not provide your name and delivery address when you order goods, we cannot deliver them to you.
We will not sell your personal information to any person or organisation without your consent, unless it is part of a sale of our business. Nor will we disclose your personal information without your consent, unless it is to:
- to a party who may assist us in providing or promoting our young teen clothing and other goods and services to you (such as a mailing house or delivery company);
- to a debt collector;
- to a prospective investor in our business;
- to payment processors such as PayPal;
- to a bank to authorise a payment;
- to professional service firms providing services to us, such as legal, accountancy or marketing services as well as data hosting and technology firms;
- to any party we are required or permitted by law;
- for a purpose for which you would reasonably expect; or
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU:
4daughters.com will not, under any circumstances, sell, rent or trade to any third party any personal information you enter on our website.
4daughters.com does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when such information is specifically and knowingly provided by those individuals or if an individual purchases an item for another person and provides that person's details for delivery of the purchase.
HOW WE COLLECT AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We usually collect your personal information directly from you. We may sometimes collect your personal information from a third party, such as if someone make a purchase from us on your behalf.
- you buy from us, during the checkout phase, you will be asked to enter relevant personal information, such as name, address, email and billing information in order to complete your purchase. These are the only details about you that we collect; or
- you make inquiries about us or our services or contact us for any other reason so that we can process, deal with and respond to your queries or other issues including any complaints; or
- you subscribe to our blog or a newsletter, fill out a form or survey, enter or participate in any promotions; or
- you call our call centre. Calls may be recorded by us for quality review purposes.
- Name (needed in order to address your purchases, invoices and during any communication)
- Billing address (so we can send you the invoice/receipt)
- Delivery address (so we know where to send your purchases)
- Contact e-mail address & Telephone number (so we can send you a confirmation of your order - via email and/or text - and contact you in case of any problems with your order)
- Credit card details (note: we do not store, nor have any access to, your credit card details)
- Gender / Age Group (we use this information to help identify the most appropriate and appealing products and services for our customers)
We may store your personal information in both electronic (including on our web server) and paper form.
We use industry standard methods and take such steps as are reasonable to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and from misuse, interference and loss. In addition, the web server is locked and located in a safe and secure environment.
However, we take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from misuse or unauthorised access by using all reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
Once personal information is no longer required by us for the purposes for which it was collected or held or otherwise in accordance with the APPs, we will take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that it is either destroyed or de-identified.
A cookie is a small piece of data that is stored on a visitor's hard drive but alone it does not contain any personal information. Cookies provide a way for a server to recall a previous request from a particular web browser, enhancing a visitor's overall shopping experience.
Visitors can configure their web browser to be alerted when a website is attempting to send a cookie and refuse the cookie, though some of our web pages will not function properly without accepting cookies.
DEALING WITH US ANONYMOUSLY OR USING A PSEUDONYM
You may deal with us on an anonymous basis or by using a pseudonym when making inquiries through our Website, or when you make general inquiries by telephone and do not require a further response from us. However, we may need certain contact details from you to respond to inquiries.
Generally, we will require your personal information in order to transact with you.
UPDATING AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS:
You can update your personal details by logging on to the website (clicking the Login button on the navigation bar) and then entering your username and password you used during your previous purchase. If you have forgotten these details, please follow the steps for 'Forgotten password'
Your personal information will appear and you will be able to make modifications.
You can request access to your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address in the Contacting Us section below.
You can send written complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to our 'Privacy Officer' at the address in the Contacting Us section below.
Complaints will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer and a response will usually be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.
If you believe that your complaint has not been satisfactorily addressed by us, after following the procedure set out above, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC's contact details are here.
For more information about making a complaint, contact us at email@example.com.
More information about Privacy law visit the OAIC's website https://www.oaic.gov.au/
PO Box 344
Seaforth NSW 2092
Last updated on 8 December 2017